Monday, April 28, 2008

something or nothing

Nothing to say/write again. So here i am staring at the screen and wondering about the weather. Isn't that what the British do. If there's nothing to say then talk about the weather, i guess its rubbed off on me.

The sun is threatening to burst through the clouds. I hope it doesn't rain though. I'm meeting my bestest friend for a drink later today. It was her birthday on Friday, but didn't have the fortune/misfortune to be with her on that day. So we're going to catch up today. It's been awhile since i had a proper girls only drink. I'm really looking forward to it.

I love Loose Women for no other reason than Carol_McGiffin. It's a love/hate thing though. In some ways we're so much a like, but when i disagree with her views its so passionate i want to punch the screen. I should probably get a life, but i'm a tv addict.

Totally unrelated news. I'm watching the news and what i'm hearing is horrifying. Man imprisoned daughter in cellar for 24yrs and fathered her 7 children. He kept them hidden in the cellar all that time. The eldest is 19yrs and it was only after she became seriously ill and had to take her into hospital that the story became public.

There. That's me done saying something or nothing.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you on the writers block thing. I have been stumped for days! Maybe I should resort to chatting about the weather. As for the other story .... read it .... found myself disgusted and moved on with my life.

KK said...

Sick!

Anonymous said...

That story of the man and his imprisoned daughter is SICK, SICK, SICK, SICK. What makes one human being treat another like that? your own daughter?I have so many questions and very few answers. So was he having sex with his daughter and then going on to sleep with his wife? Who helped the daughter during the birth of all these kids? THE DAD? How, when, why did he sit down and come up with this master plan of his...............my questions are way too many. HHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW??????

Anonymous said...

oh my word! horrid stuff!!

Mwangi said...

What exactly is Loose Women about? Is it like the View in the UK?
Oooh, now I see why there are so many headlines regarding the Austrian man. My personal opinion -will definitely not be popular-is that his situation is neither here nor there for us to discuss. He will be arrested in his state for crimes against the state and now that he has been caught his daughter and children are able to bring about whatever consequences they want to his life. I think it's too personal a matter - after all it involves children -with too much emotion wrapped in it for us to be discussing it and making judgments based on short news stories and sound bites. Now that he's been caught let's either extend our hands to help the aggrieved or leave the matter entirely alone and focus on more constructive productive stuff.
Dull winter day in Australia. The sun has decided to run away from us until towards the end of the year.

Anonymous said...

Also watched the news about that insane man. No words I tell you.

Nakeel said...

I saw it and was like what? Thats horrid.

Anonymous said...

yep..read about the Austrian man as well....what shocked me kwanza is that the neighbours all thought he was a really nice guy...makes me wonder bout the people we see every day...(Shivers)

the weather totally sucks..today anyway...jana was mzuri..and sunday was lush :) (Oh gosh how British we sound...stamping these forces out..out!!!)

girlie drinks are fab :)

candybox said...

Beth move on we must

Kei, 3toc and 31337 ditto

Mwangi ya it's like the View. Its quite hard not to judge the man. Im his his self appointed judge, jury and executioner

Bomseh and Nakeel its shocking stuff indeed.

Val i wonder what part of England you're in cos in London it was 23 degrees on Sato then got rained on Sun.

Cheri said...

Ok, girl , how did I miss all tese posts...u're on a roll.

I love Loose Women cuz they open my eyes...

Anonymous said...

the man is sick....